Fall 2022 TBR list 🍁


 I promise this time I will do everything in my power to not give into the temptation of book acquisition syndrome (haha, get it?). Although Winter is my favorite season of the year, Fall gets the second place; so... I have made a list with the books I want to read that I believe fit my definition of cozy-pinterest-girl fall vibes:

Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin


After narrowly escaping death at the hands of the Dames Blanches, Lou, Reid, Coco, and Ansel are on the run from coven, kingdom, and church—fugitives with nowhere to hide.

 Lou and Reid's enemies-to-lovers story had me on a chokehold; and don't even get me started on how much I adore Ansel. Although I have a gut feeling I shouldn't get too attached to him... authors are evil.

Anyways, I'm currently 10% into the book according to my goodreads account, and so far it's already a slay for me. I'm very excited to see how it turns out!


The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Isis Ulloa via Pinterest

Jude was seven when her parents were murdered and she and her two sisters were stolen away to live in the treacherous High Court of Faerie. Ten years later, Jude wants nothing more than to belong there, despite her mortality. But many of the fey despise humans. Especially Prince Cardan, the youngest and wickedest son of the High King.

To win a place at the Court, she must defy him–and face the consequences.

I was sold when I read somewhere (probably TikTok) that the trilogy was a slow burn enemies-to-lovers. Since I couldn't find the first book at my nearest bookstore, I will wait until my Nook gets delivered, so The Cruel Prince can do the honors of being my first e-book :)

I'm slowly becoming an "instalove" hater, so I hope I really enjoy this series if I actually end up loving the first book, hehe.


Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Don't look at me like that.

No, I haven't seen the movie, nor read the book.

I honestly have no explanation as to why I decided to pick up this book, so I assume I'm subconsciously craving a sappy romance story that's not by Colleen Hoover.

Will is acerbic, moody, bossy—but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.


Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

A gripping novel about the whirlwind rise of an iconic 1970s rock group and their beautiful lead singer, revealing the mystery behind their infamous break up.

 I've been following Alexa Raye, a BookTuber, lately; and she speaks really well about this author, especially her other book The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. However, I want to give this one a try first... not because I'm a total whore for the 70's... that would be nerdy as fuck.


Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees. 


I'm not a woman of many words, but I hope this book ruins my life. I'm sick and tired of reading love stories aren't heart-wrenching as people say they are. Archer is Alexa Raye's favorite book boyfriend, so I hope she's right. 
Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.

Sounds promising :) 

That's all I have for now as I will continue to ignore my rotting pile of Summer TBR's I never paid attention to.

What are your reading plans for the fall? Have you read any of the ones I've listed? :) <3

 

Comments

  1. Of these, I have only read Me Before You. I am interested to hear what you think of it! It's been a long time since I read it but I feel like it was a fast read, but also kind of a weird read. I have NOT seen the movie, and I didn't even know there was one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen one clip a family member shared on Facebook, and now that you mentioned it felt like a weird read, I'm even more excited to jump into it, lol!

      Delete
  2. I loved the Me Before You movie-mostly for the SHOES and outfits. The story was a bit sappy, but you know, sometimes you need sappy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts