Sprouting into a plant/flower mom


Did you like that title? Me too, lol.

To me the season of spring is always an emotional rollercoaster; and if I don’t find a hobby to hyper-fixate in, seasonal depression will consume me and drive me to a certain point of insanity. So here I am, becoming a plant mom! 

In addition, academic depression always rams me in the ankles like a Razor scooter on a hot Sunday afternoon. So, did I skip class one day to go to Walmart with my friend Crystal? Yes, I did.

Left: Crystalito being all pretty looking at flowers  <3

I ended up picking up red gerberas along multiple sunflower and pink garden cosmos packets. I haven’t been to this side of Walmart since I was a kid, so my inner granny was doing backflips from joy as I kept picking up pots to plant my flowers in.



Then yesterday, I came back to Home Depot with my friend Kari to get more, lmao. I didn’t take pictures of the seeds I bought this time but I got daisy seeds! 


Mind you, I’m a very ambitious noob. I’m perfectly aware of how challenging growing and maintaining a sunflower is, but sunflowers are my favorite and I’m ready to try 800 times if I have to. Another limitation I have is the variable of me living in a sort-of-shaded apartment, so I’m a little concerned for those flowers that require direct sunlight (my apartment’s balcony has a tent, which is a huge hassle to roll up). I’m not losing hope, though!

Kari appreciation <3


I was desperate to have a potted sunflower so I also bought a Common Sunflower and an African Marigold, we can say I was really attracted to yellow yesterday, hehe.


And last but not least, when I woke up today I was overjoyed when I saw that the cosmos I planted last week started sprouting! Somehow, something so simple gave me an overwhelming sense of accomplishment, I can’t wait to watch it keep growing. 



I always like to read Anne Butera’s (My Giant Strawberry) blog posts about her gardening projects, so hopefully I can keep learning a thing or two now, lol ❤️. I’m also open to suggestions about the sunlight situation, or any other tips in general; some book recommendations would be very nice too. 

- Alondra <3



Comments

  1. I AM HERE FOR THIS!!! I love being a plant mom! How much fun is this?? So many lovely flowers. I love sunflowers and gerbera daisies so much, I hope yours thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this for you, I’m excited to see how you continue to expand your garden 🪴 - 📦

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts