Twisted Love (Twisted Series #1): Review

Before I share my Goodreads review, I'd like to point out that y'all didn't lie to me about Alex Volkov, lmao. 

Twisted Love by Ana Huang is a grumpy x sunshine trope where we're introduced to Ava Chen (Miss Sunshine) and Alex Volkov (Mr. Grumpy). While Alex likes to drown himself in his own angst and the world's darkness, Ava is a ray (ends up being his ray) of sunshine, softhearted and always searching for the good in people. Even in Alex's multilayered heart.

My Goodreads Review:

Twisted Love (Twisted #1)Twisted Love by Ana Huang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure when or how, but I'd started seeing Ava less as Josh's baby sister and more as a woman. A beautiful, pure-hearted but feisty woman who might be the death of me one of these days.

Okay... I understand what people said about the book's pacing; it was a little weird. I wouldn't have minded if the book was around 500 pages if it meant all the plots in the story would've been developed with more detail. It felt like they rushed through Alex and Ava's relationship's development just to get into the bigger stuff (Ava's trauma and Alex's revenge, or whatever); and it truly just felt... bland. I think the spicy scenes saved it a little bit.

Overall, it's not that it was a bad book, but it could've been better. What the fuck was Operation Emotion? It was so dumb, please 😭.

Either way, since I loved Bridget so much I'm so excited to get into the second installment, Twisted Games. Hopefully, it's even better! :D

View all my reviews


Have you heard of or read any of the books from this series? I've already started reading the second one and I'm so glad I did, I love it so much already.

Comments

  1. I have never even heard of this series! The characters sound a little like the ones from When Harry Met Sally, which is my favourite movie of all time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, that movie sounds familiar but I’ve never seen it. But now that you mention it, I want to look into it and see where I can watch it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts