Friends, books, and hot chocolate

Kari being gorgeous, as usual <3

Two blog posts in a week? Sickening; I love that.

Although it has only been two days since my last post, it has actually been a week since I decided to reduce my screen time by deleting all social media apps from my phone and only accessing them through my laptop. Since apparently social media apps are designed to make you addicted to the mindless scrolling, using desktop is not as visually appealing and you grow bored quicker. It's true for me, at least.

During the week, I hung out with my friend Crystal and we set off to the quest of finding the Juicy x Forever 21 collection at nearby F21's. We were unsuccessful, though; and if we found them, they didn't have them her size. But she did end up trying other dresses; see how pretty she looks in this one?


I absolutely loved how it looked on her, but she insisted the pattern looked granny-like. Obviously, I took offense to that because I love granny patterns. And whatever, anything we see granny-like is just about perspective. It was popular when they were our age, and when we're 70, younger generations (if global warming allows it) will find Shein clothes old-people-like. So, who cares? Definitely not me, because I love granny-like stuff.

 Long live granny stuff. Grannies rock.

She was too lazy to take her pants off again and just slid them down, lmao.

She ended up trying this dress afterwards, and I think it looked just as beautiful on her! 

Before we mall-hopped somewhere else, we ended up getting gelato popsicles. And the whole time I was happy I forgot about my phone's entire existence.



I remember mentioning how I wanted to start baking more, but I would also like to add cooking to that. So, yesterday I went to the bookstore with my dear friend Kari and picked up some books, 2 of them being cookbooks. (Do you prefer cookbooks or online recipes?)


Books in picture (top to bottom):
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
- Quick and Easy: Simple, Everyday Recipes in 30 Minutes or Less by Women's Weekly
- Simple Pasta: Life Made Easy. Life Made Better. by Odette Williams

Quick and simple.

Those are the key words that made me buy them. Because no matter how overly-ambitious I am with new hobbies, when it comes to cooking I would rather do the babiest of baby steps. Not because I'm afraid of burning my house down, but because I can't bear the idea of food going to waste from doing something wrong. So... baby steps, for once in my life, lol.

However, before I start experimenting with these cookbook recipes, I've been dying to try this cookie recipe I ran into on Instagram:

If it wasn't for Laura Bray's post about her cookbook library, I wouldn't have taken it as a sign to finally move my ass get a physical cookbook. Because she's right, getting to the actual recipes online while being bombarded with random pop-ups and long intros does get annoying eventually.

I've also been reading faster thanks to my new kindle! <3 It finally arrived!

I'm currently reading Haunting Adeline by H.D Carlton and the physical copy was simply too heavy, for some reason. So now I can enjoy my dark romance at a faster pace without building muscle on my wrists. 

I seriously love going to the bookstore; the peace is immaculate. And their hot chocolate is very comforting. 

And with friends it's even better! (I love you, Kari).



My average screen-time is still at 5 hours; the goal is to get it down to 3 at least! I'm also even planning to buy a prepaid flip-phone for when I fly to Florida to visit my dad, is that too extreme? Maybe, but it sounds fun; might even add a Nicki Minaj ringtone to it if possible.

With all this free-time away from my phone, hopefully I can show you the process of my attempt at those heart-shaped cookies. Who knows? Maybe I'm a master baker and I haven't discovered it yet.

Duff Goldman is quaking.

- Alondra ♥︎

 

Comments

  1. Those dresses are so cute. When I was your age I loved floral dresses - they were in style back in the 90s and I just loved wearing them. So fun to pair with a denim jacket when it was chilly, etc. Now though, I think it would not suit me at my age. I think it would read a bit more "granny." I love fashion and I love seeing what the young people are wearing, because it is so similar to what I wore when I was young! Like, the jeans now are the jeans I wore! So cute and fun. And you and your friend are just lovely. And, AND, I had a flip phone too :) But smart phones didn't exist. I only got email when I was in university!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a floral print is timeless. But if floral print is considered granny-like, then I love EVERYTHING granny-like ❤️. I also remember from your latest post what you said about skinny jeans, and I still stand by how great they are 😂. Flip phones are so iconic, I just wish they made the same modern versions they have in Korea and Japan, they’re crazy cute! 😭 And if I was honest, I wish we went back to using email for communicating with family and friends; just for that, not for getting marketing spammy email :(. (Although I end up opening a few, lol!). I was very little though, so I don’t recall much from emailing my grandmothers. It’s nice to think about, though! I love the nostalgia 💕.

      Delete
  2. I'm so proud of you for sticking to your decision to reduce screen time and focus on more meaningful things. It's great to hear that you had a fun day with Crystal and found joy in exploring different things, even if you didn't find the Juicy x Forever 21 collection.

    I'm excited to hear that you're getting into cooking and baking, and I think it's smart to start with simple recipes. I prefer cookbooks over online recipes because they provide a more organized and focused approach. I'm curious to see how your heart-shaped cookies turn out, and I hope you have fun trying out different recipes from your new cookbooks.

    It's also great to hear that you're enjoying your new kindle and reading at a faster pace. And, I think getting a prepaid flip-phone for your trip to Florida is a fun idea! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures. - 📦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re so right about the cookbooks :)! And you bet I’m getting that flip phone lmao 😎

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts